This cake consists primarily of a very light butter cake batter that encircles sautéed pineapple chunks. In this instance, Butter equals love!
This cake requires hardly any flour and is a cinch to whip together. It's the perfect conversation starter for the dinner party and a tasty treat for breakfast.
1) unsalted butter
2) fresh pineapple
3) all-purpose flour
4) baking powder
7) vanilla extract
8) granulated sugar
9) lemon zest
1) Get the oven ready at 350 degrees. Spread butter in a round cake pan measuring 9 inches in diameter. Line the bottom of the dish with parchment paper.
2) Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat; set aside 6 tablespoons. Cook the pineapple for about 10 minutes after adding it.
3) Blend the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder) in a separate basin. Whisk together the egg whites and egg yolks in a large bowl.
4) Mix in the sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and melted butter you set aside. Mix the pineapple and flour together.
5) Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. It should take 30-35 minutes of baking time to get the cake to the right level of brownness.
6) Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Flip the cake onto a plate to remove the pan, then invert again and place on a cooling rack to cool entirely.
7) Prior to serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.