Bone broth is an excellent way to strengthen your immune system and stave off illnesses like the flu, as well as the common cold and cough.
You can cook this dish with bones from Beef, Chicken, or Pork. You can request the bones from your neighborhood Butcher or meat shop.
1) 2 - 3 pounds Bones
2) 1 Peeled Sweet Onion
3) 4 Peeled Carrots
4) 1 Red Apple
5) 1TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
6) 2 Celery Stalks
7) 6 cloves peeled Garlic
8) 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
9) 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
10) 1 Gallon Water
1) To the Instant Pot, add the Bones, carrots, apple, vinegar, onion, celery, and garlic.
2) Add water to cover the bones and veggies up to the maximum indicated on the pot's side.
3) Into the water, sprinkle some garlic salt, seasoned salt, and peppercorns, then mix.
4) Close the Pot's cover until it beeps and latches.
5) In the MANUAL menu, enter a timer setting of 120 minutes. Don't bother manually releasing pressure; instead, let the Instant Pot do it for you.
6) The Instant Pot will beep when the Broth is done cooking and then switch to KEEP WARM.
7) After taking the lid off the Instant Pot, the Broth should be stirred thoroughly.
8) Let the Pot drop down to room temperature, then store it in the fridge for the night.
9) The fat will rise to the top of the soup after chilling it overnight.
10) Place the broth in the fridge as soon as possible after pouring or ladling it into containers.
11) Broth should be consumed within 48 hours of preparation or frozen